So, um, hi there. I can’t believe it’s been nearly 3 weeks since I’ve been here. Lots been happening in my time away. Such as, in chronological order…
- I ditched my iPhone for a Samsung Infuse 4G. Yep, I went Android. And I freakin L-O-V-E it!
- I designed a knitting pattern for a Checkered Ribs Cowl. And had it tested by a great group of ladies on Ravelry that loved it so much, they each knit 2 versions of it.
- Discovered Texts From Bennett – which turned out to be a fake blog, but that doesn’t stop me from laughing until there are tears streaming down my face.
- Hubby got back into twitter bc he finally upgraded to a smart phone. His. Mine.
- And then he joined FourSquare. His. Mine.
- I cooked a lot. Potato soup.
- And baked.
- Re-read the whole Hunger Games trilogy. Mmm love.
- Found some old friends of Facebook.
- I interviewed for a job – which required lots of shopping for “modest” clothing due to the religious nature of the position.
- And then I got that job. What what..! (I will actually do a full post on this once I begin on January 2nd.)
- Thanks to Facebook, I saw a friend get engaged. Another give birth. And another get married.
- Looked for a new place to live. After all, driving from Homestead to Miami Beach and sitting in traffic for 2 hours each way every day does not sound like a fun plan to me.
- Lola got worms. Eww, I know, but they’re being handled.
- We toured Babies R Us one evening and picked out the nursery furniture and crib bedding for out future kids. No, I’m not pregnant. They had the nearest bathroom and then we didn’t leave for another 45 minutes. If you’re wondering, dark wood and monkeys.
- Hubby found out he has a nasty respiratory problem – inherited from his father and could pass it to our kids. Well, if we have biological ones, that is.
And all this is courtesy of the new timeline on Facebook. Damn, that thing is helpful!
And now a recipe… Cranberry Pumpkin Breakfast Biscuits
(Snagged from Dig This Chick. She adapted it from this recipe.)
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
2 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup dried cranberries (I used fresh cranberries, chopped into pieces.)
Preheat oven to 375*.
- In a large mixing bowl, or your stand mixer bowl, cream together butter and sugar.
- Beat in vanilla, egg and pumpkin.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Or, you know, don’t sift it. I sure didn’t.
- Stir cranberries into mixture until well blended.
- Spoon heaping spoonfuls of batter on a prepared cookie sheet. (This means parchment paper… until I ran out of trays and used muffin tins.)
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
They will be soft and moist and divine! I made these for my aunts 60th birthday party and had to walk out of the kitchen to avoid eating more than one of them. Oh yes, I probably could’ve eaten the whole batch. So good!