I am still around. Things are crazy busy between my MPA (I ended my first semester with 2 A’s!!), working 2 jobs, freelancing, volunteering with my board and trying to keep my head above water. Husband graduated with his MBA in December and started his Doctorate this month. Needless to say, we’ve been keeping very busy since we have no children still.
To be fair, we did stop the foster license process back in August when I was beginning my Master’s classes. We do have a contingency plan in the instance of getting the opportunity to parent.
5years ago we said I do in our beautiful @luxorlv suite then traipsed around the Strip and #Vegas with my brother and sister in law. A photo posted by Becca Fletcher (@rbf42) on
What we’ve been up to since the last post (I know, I always do these..)
- We celebrated 5 years married on 10-10-10!
- We found out we are having a NEPHEW(!!) in February from my baby brother and his girlfriend. For our longtime readers, they came to Vegas with us for our wedding.
- I got a new laptop – only a big deal to my techies, but it’s lighter and smaller which means I can throw it in my bag and carry it with me everywhere to do homework and freelance work.
- My Foster association created a petition to help foster children and within the 1st day we got over 1,000 signatures! We have surpassed 5,600 to date.
- I became active in the Miami Geek Girls Brunch chapter and made awesome new geeky friends.
- Puppykins developed a horrible ulcer in her eye and had to wear a cone for a month. She hated it and slept the best in her life the day we removed the cone.
- Met. Richelle. Mead. Only one of my all time authors on the planet!
- Decided to leave Miami. Like for real this time. There may be a slight bump in the plans, but I can’t discuss it at the moment.
- Met Peter Davidson.
- Met Jenna Coleman.
- Met Billie Piper.
- Meeting Matt Smith tonight!
I feel bad saying I’ll post more and then not. But I will try…