Hi my lovely bloggy readers,
I know it’s been really quiet around here for the last
6 weeks 3 months. Yes, I started an update post 6 weeks ago and never finished it.
My life in a nutshell these days…
- Celebrated my 38th birthday!
- Our 4th wedding anniversary!
- Paid off 3 credit cards
- Started a Fiber and Fandoms podcast with my friend Kate – Muggle Yarns!
- Successfully completed my Kickstarter campaign thanks to my 19 truly amazing backers
- Dropped to half time – 20 hours – at my full time job
- Took on 2nd part time job – 25+ hours – back in the development/ fundraising and event planning world at a non-profit
- Half-heartedly searching for children on several nationwide sites – family-match.org – adoptuskids.org
- House hunting like crazy – we lost the cutest little house in North Miami Beach bc we took too long deciding
- Getting over laryngitis that I’ve had for 10 days
- Getting my knitting out – 2 more projects to try to finish this week
- Shipping all my Kickstarter projects out
- Going back to the customers that wanted commissions once this knitting was finished
- House hunting and hopefully moving north and much closer to my jobs. My current commute time is 1.5-2 hours
- Paying down and off all my other debts – goal for total payoff is 3 years
- Still trying to get over and past our failed placement
But what about parenting? Yeah… no idea.
I still attend the meetings and events, but my whole heart isn’t in it anymore. It’s more about hanging out with my friends than hoping there will be a foster parent there to talk to if her foster kids get TPRd. Husband even commented recently about my no longer showing him kid profiles or telling him about more kids. I’m a little down on the whole subject even though I know I could never be truly happy without being a mother. We have recently spent more time looking for houses than at children.
So, yeah, I’m sorta back, just down. Trying to get my life on track and get back in the mindset of focusing on long term goals.
Sooo…. how are you? What’s been happening in your lives in the last 3 months?