I interrupt this not-so-regularly updated adoption blog to say that in my 37th year (which, BTdubs, starts today) I plan on doing the following things (in no particular order):
- Becoming a mommy to a sweet little child from foster care
- Getting a job worthy of my degree, my experiences, and myself
- Being the best darn wife and mommy I can be
- Learning as many new web and design technologies as I can
- Kicking butt on the technologies I already know
- Being a better person
- Learning to speak up for myself appropriately
- Not letting certain people rule my mind simply bc I am related to them
- See also, growing a bigger pair (sorry for that graphic!)
- Sheep2Skein, push it
- RS Creative Solutions, push it
- Bake more
- Actually make the projects I pin on Pinterest
I have got to check my search terms more in the future bc this happened in the last month:
- “becca blog in Miami”
- “owls representing children tattoo”
- “becca friends orlando fl”
- “adoption of twins or triplets blogs”
- “104,000 foster care children”
- “do i have to take pride classes if i have non relative placement of a friends child in my home to adopt in florida”
- “family paperwork infographic“
- A handful of “knit wedding veil” and about a dozen variations of “becca blogs”
Some of theses are pretty amusing and I’m still baffled that they led to my little blog.
By far, my most visited post is the one about Apple Butter. Even before I posted the link to Pinterest, it got several hits a day. And now, I’m breaking 100 hits a day. Oh Pinterest, I do love thee.
Last week I stopped at Target to pick up 2 items and made the mistake of not going right to the grocery section for said items. You can already see where this is heading, right? First I hit up the clothing section – picked out 2 cute tops that got put back later – then the workout clothing section – a girl needs new yoga pants – then the sock department then as I was heading to the storage container section, I walked into pink and blue heaven. I mean, the children’s room section. Seriously, there’s some cute stuff out there. Sure, I admit that I wanted most of it for myself, but that’s why we decorate kid’s rooms right? Yes, I’m going to allow my child(ren) to decorate their rooms, but don’t think I won’t have some personal mom touches in there.
Holy crap. I’m going to be a mom.
Yep, tears springing into my eyes.
Anyhow, cute stuff. See? OK, so I hit up Pinterest too.
My favorite idea!
I’m super peeved bc the Pinterest link-love doesn’t work so these had to be manually linked. If anyone has figured out how to get this to work with WordPress, please let me know!