I started writing this last week after our final class. It was amazing. We wrapped up the lessons, turned in all homework/ life stories/ online assignments, had 5 guest speakers – 2 of which I’d been put in touch with months ago via my MPC – and lots of food. So. Much. Food. During the breaks and after class we chatted with everyone, exchanged phone numbers and got even more information about the local associations. I can’t believe it was our last class!
Seriously, didn’t we just attend orientation like yesterday??
Now begins the long trek through the finger printing, references, physicals, final home visit and so much more. And then, finally, a Fletchling.
We were told we would be assigned a Case Worker within 2 weeks of class ending. Imagine my surprise when I got a phone call yesterday with our new CWs name!! Yes, it honestly was the greatest birthday gift ever. Eh. Ver.
Oh, you want actual dates? Let’s see what I can plug in…
- Classes ended last Tuesday (dear self, do not drive to class tonight!)
- We were assigned to our ACW yesterday and she will do our Home Study which includes a second and maybe third home visit and all the paperwork/ fingerprinting.
- Once the Home Study is completed, we are officially in “the books”
- We search, they search, I use all the amazing resources I have accumulated, we get matched – ummmm, November? December? I have no idea.
- From there we have several informal meetings and sleepovers with the child and then he will move in with us after an unspecified amount of time.
- We keep hearing different “child in home” answers so it could be anywhere from 1 month to 6 prior to the adoption being finalized.
This was taken last night. It’s currently 14″ long out of way more than that…